Saturday, April 11, 2009

Problem: TOO MUCH CLOTHES?

Before, I am always having a problem with how much I am lacking clothes. I always want to buy new clothes then. I always want to go shopping. Until now, I realized I do have a lot of clothes.

Yesterday, Good Friday, I started removing the clothes in my cabinet.the ones I do not use anymore, the ones that got smaller, the ones that I don't like, the ones that were never used and the ones I just once used. I removed these clothes, skirts, pants, etc. I am actually stunned when I saw the "never used" clothes. I still have a shirt and skirt with a tag on it. To think I always pity myself not having enough clothes to wear, before. Now I realized, having too much clothes is a problem, a waste. I do not need a lot of clothes, even If i do, there will be times when I will only use that clothe only once. I should not be too greedy in having too much clothes. In addition, I realized that I am really not that obsessed with clothes, not that I thought I was.

I also learned my kind of fashion preference. I want to look good, but I don't want to be wearing clothes that are too good to look at but are not comfortable. I once envied a girl because she wears all the nice and expensive clothes. I tried to dress like her, but she is just too much! I realized that I am such an idiot to be thinking of even dressing like her. Everything about her is just "too-good-to-be-true." I mean, she wears heavy make-up. She wears make-up even if she is just going to another street next to ours. And this kind of girl makes people feel intimidated. I admit, that I am intimidated by her until now. But I know better now. And I am not that kind.

Fashion do not just have one meaning. It has a lot of meaning to a lot of people. I, for example, Fashion means comfort and good looks with clothes. And of course, FASHION=CONFIDENCE. Why try something that does not fit you nor to your personality. Or why not try a different type of "fashion" that might just suit you. For years, I have been dealing the same kind of problem in going to places. "What to wear if I am going to ....?", "Does this look good to me if....?"

There is nothing to worry in having few clothes, at least you get to wear all of them. And besides, who needs a lot of clothes? Even our artists just borrow clothes from a specific clothing line. They are just sponsored, and we ordinary people are not. If I have money, yes, I will buy clothes, but I also have to know if my clothes are too much already. I am practical, everyone has to be practical now-a-days. Anyway, the point is, there is no point in having too much clothes, you don't get to use all of them, also it depends on your work or personality. I just know a lot of people who have expensive clothes and a lot of clothes and people who worries about having less clothes in their closet. I just realized, and thank God I did, that I have always sinned in buying clothes and use it only once or not use it at all.

Impulsive, I was actually. And that is another story.

No comments: