Wednesday, June 30, 2010

President Benigno Aquino III - 15th President of the Philippines

Image from earthlingorgeous (Flickr)


First, AWESOME speech! I have always wanted a Philippine President's speech in TAGALOG- wherein EVERY FILIPINO will understand each word, or just to get a hint of what the speech is about. Aside from it is in tagalog, it has everything in it, vague yet detailed. I love the fact that he emphasized that it is not just HE (PNoy) who will have to make the difference. It is each and every Filipino's responsibility to make a change and change and catch the anomalies of our corrupt government.

I JUST LOVE EACH WORD HE SAID. I am proud I voted for him. I just really hope he won't let me and the millions of people who now trust him, down. This is like a new hope for us. A new phase. We'll start all over again, but this time, with someone who has clean hands to guide us. Someone with pure heart, someone destined to lead the country for the better, for the best. At least he is the perfect start of change... in our CORRUPT SYSTEM.

I am proud of our President. I am looking forward for the next 6 years. I am excited not because of how cool PNoy is, but because, I am encouraged to speak out when I see something wrong in our Government System. Everyone LIKES PNoy.

I had the experience of someone voting for Gibo (I have nothing against him, If I am not for Noy, he is my 2nd choice), she said all the bad stuff I could hear about Noy. That he's overrated, lacks experience, not even that smart, always behind the shadow of his parents and her sister, Kris etc. What the hell? She even criticized people voting for him, that we don't know who we are voting and we just follow the trend.. because he is the likeable one. WHATEVER. Just ignored her. I just hope criticisms about the inauguration will all be good. All positive. But I know, people will still look for flaws-that, I don't and won't ever understand. Why don't they just shut up and promote the goodness the inauguration will effect. Anyway...


I hope for the next 6 years to be better, if not great, at least better from the previous years. Let this be a start of a good change, an example for other dirty politicians out there. A standard for the next terms. Amen to that!

No comments: