Saturday, June 12, 2010

RAINY SEASON

Thanks to Di Licop for reminding me of my outdated blog :)

4 months in my new employer and I have been stressed already. Stressed in a good way. Stressed because I am exposed to a lot of work and experiences and learnings. Stressed and HAPPY at the same time. 4 months and I am comfortable already, although still a little bugged out because of some issues in the office, but it's all part of the experience.

I have a boss who is OVER COMPULSIVE, she notices the kind of paper I use, the way I staple papers, the way I type and the way I analyze at MS EXCEL. At start, things are too awkward, but as weeks passed by, I became used to her ways and even appreciates her more. There are just different kinds of LEADERS in this world. I'll just have to learn from each of them and try to apply the traits I know will help me become effective. I thank her, my present boss because she lets me experience things I should know and learn. I am thankful because she teaches me things and at the same time shows effort in befriending us, her staff. -Well, that's my side of the story. However, there will still be people who thinks they are competent enough and better than anyone else. There will always be people who will put you down no matter what. There will always be people who will let things miserable for you. Anyway, let them be. They have their own story, mine is just a little way better then them. At least I know where I stand, how I do things..-I know just how I am.

In the office, there will be people who will help and teach you. And then there are also people who unconsciously teaches you exactly the things you SHOULDN'T DO which she does by the way- and she even thinks she's better. Oh well, they are already part of this world, so we will just have to deal with them, and as ironic as it sounds, learn from them too.

Yesterday, I have a scheduled recruitment. The original plan was just to have the applicants initially interviewed by me and then pass to the HR Manager. But, due to some unexpected circumstances, I was left there, alone. I WAS ALONE for the first time. I did our recruitment alone. Without someone's guide, without someone's help. But I did managed it smoothly. AND I AM PROUD.

Recruitment is fun, you get to meet different kinds of people. You get to learn from them. And some applicants are just the craziest ones, you couldn't imagine. :) haha anyway, at least I did something without anyone's guide nor help. Only proves that I can do anything as long as I have my will on it.

Going back to my previous post -about being left single. haha STUPID! I just let it passed. They are on their own now, and I should also be now. A friend told me, "Maybe it's about time you get to know other people, not just the ones you have and know right now."

I like the idea of it, that my own dilemma turned into opportunity. Plus the fun of knowing new people, it's just great.

Work, old friends, new friends, family- Wow! All of them, I LOVE. I am getting better at life don't you think? We should all be :) Life is just the way it is, we'll just have to go with the flow. Life, as we all know it.. goes on and on and on :)

No comments: