Saturday, January 23, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR! (A late greeting)


My 2009 has ended, and so with everyone else’s. Here is a run down of my 2009 events:

We finished our thesis. Yes! We did (with Jennifer Castro and Dawna Lagonoy). It was a fun, learning, frustrating and meaningful experience. It was not just about finishing our thesis, but it was more of the process that we went through while making our thesis. I mean, the experience and the people and our advisers and our faith to each one. I learned a lot and so did the whole Behavioral Science Batch 2009 of UST AB. It is not about the high grades we got, it is just an accessory. But it is more of the support you get from people, their concern and help. Wow! We were one. We are BES!

Our OSP (Office System Procedure), is also one of my 2009’s highlights. It was not like our Training (me and my group’s unforgettable event), though it was more of a research than application, I still learned and I had fun, but of course, it wouldn’t be possible if it’s not because of my group mates (Jen, AJ, Den, Dawna, Stella, July and Jerico – we call ourselves THE STRIKERS).

Next in my list is THE BACCALAUREATE MASS. I haven’t been in any baccalaureate mass, BUT UST’S is JUST WAY INSANE AND MEANINGFUL AND SOLEMN! THE BEST IF I MAY JUST ADD. It’s a way of saying GOODBYE to college years and hello REAL WORLD. It’s a way of saying that all our struggles and frustrations are worth it, are priceless, are our investment and we don’t know it at that time yet, and the MASS is a way of acknowledging them, a remembrance. And we GRADUATES are worthy of the name THOMASIANS. Yes, that mass is unforgettable.

THE GRADUATION. My most anticipated event. My goal, our goal. I couldn’t even express how proud I am at that time, the time when I was standing in front of the rest of the graduates, posing and smiling. I was not even thinking of my picture or shot that was being taken at that time. I didn’t care. I was smiling and posing for my parents, making them proud because I was finally standing right in front of everyone, in front of them. I can feel how thankful they are, I can feel their joy because finally, after financial, spiritual and emotional struggle that we experienced, I AM FINALLY WEARING A TOGA, SMILING and POSING not because I know it’s such a picture, but because finally, it’s PAYBACK time. I am paying them back for everything. Finally, I can work and do anything I want to. Finally! For them, I graduated.

My very first interview. I had my very first interview the day after my graduation. I was excited and nervous. The interview was okay, I passed the first interview and already scheduled for the next one. But it was after my first interview when I realized, it was just too soon. Am I really ready? I was scared of being able to get the job. I don’t think I am ready enough for my first job just right after graduation. So I became a coward and didn’t attend the next interview, although the offer is good, the job is in HR, I just don’t see myself working everyday in that company. Or it is just an excuse that I am not ready at all.

My FIRST JOB. After a number of exams and interviews, I landed in a job that was first, exciting then went to frustrating, and then stressful and now, depressing. I wouldn’t elaborate it anymore for it will be a long one and I will just have to put it in a separate entry.

So yes, these are just the highlights of my 2009. It was long year for me. 2009 is a little bit of everything all rolled in to one year. Although my prayer hasn’t been answered, I know God has a plan and he has every intention of making me a better person each year for me to be ready for that particular prayer. AND I AM THANKFUL for that. THANK YOU LORD!

So, HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! Although late, it is my sincere greeting and a way of saying, 2009 is worth remembering, and 2010 is another chance to make everything better!

No comments: