Saturday, January 22, 2011

The LOVE for RUNNING


I didn't think I'll be fond of running. It's my new way on de-stressing, and it's effective, at least for me. I had my 4th run just this morning. wow! I had been running 5KM for 4 times now. My first was Animo Run (November, 2010), then Nike Run (December, 2010), Bull Run (January 2011) and just today, Greentennial Run (January 23, 2011).

I love the feeling of being tired and sweaty. I love hearing my breathing pattern. I love the fact that I can conquer 5KM. But it's not all running, of course we have to be sensitive of our body's needs, we need to catch our breathe every once in a while.

Running is like being able to feel the air and feel good about what you do at that moment. It's like even when you are all caught up with your breathing, and aching muscles, you know it's all worth it at the end. It's like saying: HINDI KO AKALAING MATATAPOS KO PERO NATAPOS KO! AND IT FEELS SO SATISFYING! (I thought I wouldn't make it at the end, but I did!)

This love for running is new for me. And I don't care if i'll be able to continue running, but right at this very moment - it's what I love to do. The experience is worth it! Plus being with your closest friends at the end of each and every race is priceless. Yes, that goes for my loves: Trixia Ann Del Rosario and Frances Rose Sta. Barbara. It's great to have friends whom you have common interests. What I love to do, they love it too. Oh, LIFE. Thank you, Lord.

Trixia, Me, and Fran after Nike Run 5KM


No comments: